Monday, September 18, 2006

Abbreviated Monday

I realized I never really talked about what this blog is about, but hopefully I'll just use the slow news day to kind of introduce myself and my blog.

First off, I'd like to say what this blog isn't, then what it strives to be and eventually some info about the creator and ideas for the blog itself.

Screaming in Rockets isn't a personal blog. While it may have things about me personally that would be interesting to me only or things that I personally think should recieve more attention, the story will never be about me. As alpha as this blog is, the direction doesn't seem obvious. Hopefully though, it will seem obvious later on with (somewhat consistant) updating and some cool free features available on the web (hello Digg tools), will bring something to the web. Or in the case of the "blogosphere" just my tiny voice amongst the other opinions.

Screaming in Rockets isn't an op-ed page. I'm not going to be doing any investigative reporting, but I'm not going to just be throwing links up with no reason or no take. I admit, trying to keep things from getting too derivative or opinionated will be hard to do, and to be quite honest I guess I'm kinda not sure on this statement, time will tell I suppose what voice I take.


Now to the more positive part of the one way discussion and thats what I want to be. Kotaku and Game Politics are great examples of journalism in blog format. I read those extensively but also Luke Smith's bantering on 1up isn't terrible either. I suppose I just want to shy away from being just another ranting crazyman. Wait, I mean this guy is the lunatic. No one cares what you say. Well, actually Mark Cuban has always been entertaintaining, Calacanis is just a dick. I think what I want to be the most is as close to a webzine as a blog can get. Something visually aesthetic and informative. Something to look forward to on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

So thats what Screaming in Rockets is about (Maybe?). I'll try to keep my deadlines and give you something to look forward to. All I ask is for some feedback to know if what I'm doing is right or wrong. §

No comments: