Thursday, March 13, 2008

The Macbook Pro Coverup


Other then the di-tech, progressive, and GEICO commercials, a random commercial always caught my eye whilst I watch Nat Geo. Then, more commercials with the similar thing started to become more apparent to me. To be honest, I've always noticed this, but maybe now that I've brought it your attention you'll notice too, and that's the cover of a Macbook. They'll have a Macbook Pro displayed predominantly in the commercial or show, then cover it up with a sticker. Its almost jarring what they do, but it begs to ask if they are afraid of making it seem like an Apple commercial? And also, how many browsers are displayed now simulated on television as Safari? I can't even think of a commercial showing their product or site using IE or Firefox for that matter. Just something to chew on.

No comments: