Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Woman Arrested for WoW Love Affair

"She was a 31 mage, he was a 17 warrior. Unfortunately, we're talking about their ages."The synompsis is short, a 17 year old American NC boy meets 31 (admittedly kinda cute) Aussie from World of Warcraft and agree to meet in the States. In fact the 17 year old boy (or as the Aussie's family suggest, the parents of the 17 year old) fund the ticket for her to come and visit and immediately gets picked up by police. Unfortunately for her, a year is all that seperates prison and freedom. Now the big question, if it was an Aussie man visiting an NC girl, there would be an outrage. It'd be on the news everywhere and Hannity and Colmes would be interviewing everyone and their brother, touting justice has been served. Since I was 17 years old once, I feel like I could say how I wouldn't necessarily have a problem with the situation. If this was a 27 year old and a 41 year old, this wouldn't even be a blip in interest, so the difference? The law, apparently, and the fact that I wouldn't trust the love judgements from a 17 male WoW player. If I was a judge, I'd probably just extradite her and give her a year in prison or serveral years of probation. Yeah, 18 is the law but its not some magical number. In the end, I don't get the 'sicko' feeling and more like 'the law pwned you hardcore'. Life lesson learned kids: Wait another year IMO.

read more | digg story

No comments: